Monday, January 10, 2011

Mixed Lettuce, Pear, and Goat Cheese Salad with Citrus Dressing

This is my fist post in a while. I been trying out new recipes but I haven't post them on here. I going to try to post all of my back logged recipes this month.

I found a great salad recipe this month. I just love the light citrus dressing and the sweetness of the pear. I make it all the time for lunch. 


Ingredients:
Dressing:
1  tablespoon  finely chopped shallots
1  teaspoon  Dijon mustard
1/4  cup orange juice
4  teaspoons lemon juice
1/4  teaspoon  kosher salt
1/8  teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper
4  teaspoons  extra-virgin olive oil
Salad:
2  tablespoons  fresh orange juice
2  firm ripe Bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
6  cups  mixed baby lettuces
3/4  cup  (3 ounces) crumbled goat cheese

Directions:
1. To prepare dressing, combine shallots and mustard in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in 1/4 cup orange juice and next 3 ingredients (through pepper). Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
2. To prepare salad, combine 2 tablespoons orange juice and pears, tossing to coat. Combine lettuces in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Arrange about 1 cup lettuce mixture on each of 8 salad plates. Top each serving with about 1/4 cup pear and 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment